BUFFALO, NY – The University at Buffalo track & field program celebrated senior day in style as they hosted their only home meet of the 2019 outdoor season, the UB invitational, Saturday afternoon at UB Stadium. The Bulls collected 18 individual victories on the day, including senior Raven Jordan, who leapt her way to victory in the high jump event with a distance of 1.60m.
Notable women's performances:
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Jhada Francis, Travasia Singletary, Priscilla Faa and Amy Villarini claimed victory in the event with a time of 47.18.
- Brittany Fuller collected the win in the 1500m event, clocking in a time of 4:58.61.
- Freshman Brianna Mckenzie continued her impressive form, placing first in the hammer throw with a toss of 47.32m.
- Senior Amy Villarini placed second in the 400m race with a time of 56:41.
- Hannah Roof took the win in the pole vault event with a height of 3.50m.
- Sydney ran a competitive 800m race, placing third with a time of 2:19.27
- Hannah Seiders paced herself to the win in the 400m race, clocking in a time of 1:15.09.
- Jhada Francis took home second place in the 200m dash with a time of 25.72.
- Christina Wende took the win in the triple jump event with a leap of 11.57m.
- Freshman Molly Mccreedy claimed victory in the discus throw event with a toss of 45.83m.
- Freshman Riley Jones ran a personal best time of 18:07.53 in the 5000m, pacing herself to a first place finish over 10 seconds ahead of the second placed finisher.
Notable men's performances:
- Freshman Steven Gilfus claimed the win in the long jump event with a leap of 6.37m.
- Sophomore Nakia Williams placed first in the high jump with a height of 2.00m, a new personal-best mark.
- Caleb Covell placed first in the men's 1500m run with a time of 3:57.52
- Gyasi Morris clocked in a time of 49.35 in the 400m race, good for a second place finish.
- Alex McNulty took the win in the men's javelin throw with a distance of 41.45m, a season-best mark.
- Senior Dan Muldoon paced himself to a second place finish in the men's 800m race with a time of 1:56.56, a new personal-best mark.
- Shevaughn Allen claimed victory in the men's triple jump with a leap of 15.18m, his second-best mark this season.
- Caleb Nickens collected the individual victory in the hammer throw event, throwing to a distance of 50.23m.
- Sam Wray took home first in the discus throw with a new personal-best toss of 53.90m.
Up next for the Buffalo squad, the Bulls will head to Penn St. University to compete in the Jim Thorpe Invitational scheduled for Friday, May 3.