BUFFALO, NY – The University at Buffalo track & field program closed out a very successful weekend in which the team competed in three meets around the country. The Bulls' throwers headed to Ashland University to compete in the Ashland Alumni Open, highlighted by freshman Molly Mccreedy's victory in the discus throw with a toss of 46.58m, while other members of the track & field squad headed to the Larry Ellis Invitational hosted by Princeton University as well as the Rochester Spring Invite hosted by U of R.
Notable women's performances:
- Jhada Francis placed 2nd in the 100m race with a new season-best time of 12.05.
- Crystal Thompson ran a successful 200m race in Rochester with a second place finish in a time of 26.36, a new season-best mark.
- Amy Villarini placed 5th in the 400m race at the Larry Ellis Invite, clocking in a personal-best time of 55.82.
- Hannah Roof (3.50mA) and Earnie Burapan (3.50mA) placed 1st and 2nd respectively in the pole vault event at the Rochester Spring Invite.
- The 4x100 relay team of Priscilla Faa, Francis, Travasia Singletary and Villarini paced themselves to a 4th place finish in the event with a very competitive time of 46.77.
- Riley Jones (4:52.90) and Lauren Reyda (4:53.63) placed 1st and 2nd respectively in the 100m run at the Rochester Spring Invite.
- Brianna Mckenzie placed 8th in the Elite Hammer Throw at the Ashland Alumni Invite with a new personal-best of 51.13m.
Notable men's performances:
- Leon Atkins continued his incredible form in the 800m race, claiming victory for the Bulls in the event at the Larry Ellis Invite, pacing himself to the win in a time of 1:49.56, a new personal-best.
- Devon Koepp set a new Personal-best in the Shot Put event with a toss of 48'11.85" at Ashland.
- Matthew Mercer paced himself to a new personal-best, his third in as many weeks, in the 1500m event at the Larry Ellis Invite with a time of 3:58.57.
- Sam Wray placed 4th in the hammer throw with a toss of 54.18m at the Ashland Alumni Invite.
Up next for the Buffalo squad, the team is set to host the UB Invitational at UB Stadium next Saturday, April 27, with events slated to kick off at 11:00 a.m. For more information on the home meet, please click here.