BUFFALO, NY – The University at Buffalo track & field program will continue their outdoor season as the Bulls are set to head to Lewisburg, Pa., to compete at the Bison Outdoor Classic hosted by Bucknell University on Saturday and Sunday at Christy Mathewson Memorial Stadium. The meet is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday with the decathlon event.
LAST TIME OUT
- The Bulls are coming off a successful trip to New Jersey, as they last competed in the Sam Howell Invite hosted by the Princeton University. Buffalo senior Devon Patterson and Junior Matthew Mercer were both awarded MAC Track & Field Athlete of the Week Honors for their performances over the weekend.
- Mercer broke a personal best time in the 3000k steeple chase event, crossing the line in fourth place with a time of 9:04.28. The performance currently ranks Mercer third in the Mid-American Conference and 17th in the NCAA East Region. Mercer's time is also the second fastest in program history.
- Patterson placed second in the men's shot put event with a season-best mark of 18.12m. The distance currently ranks him first in the Mid-American Conference and 16th in the NCAA East Region.
- Buffalo also had success in relay events while at Princeton, as the 4x100 relay team of Priscilla Faa, Jhada Francis, Amy Villarini and Travisia Singletary placed third out of 11 teams, clocking in a time of 47.54.
- Additionally, the 4x400 relay squad of Katriel Perrier, Sydney March, Emma Seiders and Villarini took home 4th place in the event, crossing the line with a time of 3:54.26.
- For live results throughout the events, please click here.
- Live streaming of the meet (track events only) will be provided by FloTrack, which can be found here.
Up next, the Bulls will have a busy weekend of action ahead as they split up with part of the team competing at Ohio State and others competing at the Larry Ellis Invite in Princeton, N.J.