PRINCETON, NJ – The University at Buffalo track & field program returned to action this weekend, competing in the Sam Howell Invitational hosted by the Princeton University at Weaver Track & Field Stadium in Princeton, N.J. Buffalo senior Devon Patterson shined for the Bulls on the afternoon, as the shot put specialist placed second in the event with a season-best throw of 18.12m.
Other notable women's performances:
- The 4x100 relay team of Priscilla Faa, Jhada Francis, Amy Villarini and Travisia Singletary placed third out of 11 teams, clocking in a time of 47.54.
- The 4x400 relay squad of Katriel Perrier, Sydney March, Emma Seiders and Villarini took home 4th place in the event, crossing the line with a time of 3:54.26.
- Christina Wende placed 9th in the triple jump event with a distance of 11.14m in her first outdoor showing this season
- Freshman Molly Mccreedy finished 6th in the discus throw event with a toss of 44.25m, just .14m off of her personal best mark.
- Junior Samantha Hjelmar leapt her way to a 6th place finish out of 20 competitiors in the high jump with a distance of 1.60m.
Other notable men's performances:
- Junior Matthew Mercer claimed 4th in the 3000m steeplechase event, finishing with a time of 9:04.28, a season-best time.
- William Hilbert secured 10th place out of a competitive field of 32 runners in the 5000m even, pacing himself to a new personal-best time of 14:43.40.
- Freshman Shevaughn Allen leaped his way to a 5th place finish in the long jump, securing a distance of 6.71m.
- Allen also leapt his way to a distance of 14.08m in the men's triple jump event, good enough for a 6th place finish and a new season-best mark.
- Sam Wray continued his impressive form as the junior placed 5th in the discus throw event with a distance of 50.72m.
The Bulls return to action next weekend as they head to Lewisburg, P.a., for the Bucknell Bison Open set for Friday and Saturday.