BUFFALO, NY – The University at Buffalo track & field program will continue their outdoor season as the Bulls are set to head to Princeton, N.J., to compete at the Sam Howell Invite hosted by the University of Princeton. The meet is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday with the men's javelin throw.
LAST TIME OUT
- The Bulls are coming off a successful trip to the sunshine state season as they last competed in the 2019 Pepsi Florida Relays hosted by the University of Florida. In all, three Bulls posted new personal bests in the weekend's events.
- Sophomore Brandon Burke once again impressed for the Bulls in the high jump, as the sophomore leapt his way to a second place finish with a height of 6'11" (2.11m). The mark is a new personal best for Burke and ranks him second in the MAC and 10th in the NCAA east region.
- Junior Leon Atkins started off his outdoor campaign on a high note, as the middle distance specialist clocked in a time of 1:50.92 in the 800m race, the fourth fastest time in program history. The time is also a personal best for Atkins, ranking him first in the MAC and 29th in the NCAA east region.
- Discus thrower Sam Wray also had a successful showing for the Bulls, placing eighth in a competitive field of 30 throwers with a toss of 169'3". The throw, which is a season best mark for Wray, currently ranks him second in the MAC and 22nd in the NCAA east region.
- Senior hurdler Anthony Clark sprinted his way to a 15th place finish and a new personal best time of 14.24. The performance currently ranks as the fasted time in the MAC and ranks Clark 40th in the entire NCAA.
- For live results throughout the events, please click here.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
10:00am: Men's Javelin Weaver Track
12:00pm: Women's Javelin Weaver Track
Men's Shot Put A West Windsor
Men's Shot Put B Weaver Track
Men's and Women's Long Jump Weaver Track
(Triple Jump to Follow)
Women's Pole Vault Weaver Track
(Men to Follow)
Men's High Jump Weaver Track
(Women to Follow)
2:00pm: Women's Discus Weaver Track
Men's Hammer West Windsor
4:00pm: Men's Discus Weaver Track
Women's Hammer West Windsor
6:00pm: Women's Shot Put Weaver Track
12:00pm: Men's 4x100m Relay
12:15pm: Women's 4x100m Relay
12:25pm: Men's 1500m Un-Seeded
12:35pm: Women's 1500m Un-Seeded
12:50pm: Men's 110m Hurdle Prelim
1:05pm: Women's 100m Hurdle Prelim
1:20pm: Men's 400m
1:35pm: Women's 400m
1:50pm: Men's 100m
2:05pm: Women's 100m
2:20pm: Men's 110m Hurdle Final
2:25pm: Women's 100m Hurdle Final
2:30pm: Men's 800m Un-Seeded
2:40pm: Women's 800m Un-Seeded
2:55pm: Men's 400m Hurdle
3:10pm: Women's 400m Hurdle
3:30pm: Men's 200m
3:50pm: Women's 200m
4:10pm: Men's 4x400m Relay
4:20pm: Women's 4x400m Relay
4:30pm: Women's 5,000m Un-Seeded
4:50pm: Women's Steeplechase
5:05pm: Men's Steeplechase
5:25pm: Women's 800m Seeded
5:50pm: Men's 800m Seeded
6:15pm: Women's 1500m Seeded
6:40pm: Men's 1500m Seeded
7:05pm: Women's 5000m Seeded
7:25pm: Men's 5000m Seeded
7:55pm: Men's 10000m
8:35pm: Women's 10000m
For additional information on the 2019 Sam Howell Invitational, please click here.