KENT, OH – The University at Buffalo indoor track and field team continued their season as they competed at the Doug Raymond Invite on Saturday hosted by Kent State University. Buffalo had eight athletes post top-five finishes in their respective events, highlighted by Brandon Burke, who continued his impressive campaign as the sophomore collected a first place finish in the high jump event with a leap of 2.04m.
Notable women's performances included:
- Amy Villarini placed seventh in the 400-meter dash with a time of 57.38 seconds
- Jess Dhaliwall finished 11th in the weight throw event with a toss of 16.90m
- Hannah Roof placed tied for fifth in the pole vault event with a height of 3.68m.
- Christina Wende took home 12th out of 32 jumpers in the triple jump event
Notable men's performances included:
- Sam Wray finished third in the weight throw event with a toss of 18.58m
- Cal Puskar collected a fourth place finish in the mile event with a time of 4:16.77
- Anthony Clark took home seventh place in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.24 seconds
- Gyasi Morris placed fifth in the 400-meter dash with a time of 49.15
- Leon Atkins took home second place in the 800-meter race, clocking in a time of 1:51.64
- Caleb Covell placed fourth in the 800-meter run with a time of 8:30.36
- Devon Patterson collected a second place finish in the shot put with a toss of 17.55m
The Bulls will next compete at the Akron Invite on Friday.