AKRON, OH – The University at Buffalo indoor track and field team continued their season as they competed at the Akron Invite over the weekend. Leon Atkins continued his strong indoor season by winning the men's 800m race with a time of 1:50.7, a new personal best for the junior. Asia Hoyte won the women's weight throw with a toss of 17.46m.
Other notable women's performances included:
- Amy Villarini placed seventh in the 200m dash with a time of 25.80
- Charlotte Molloy placed sixth in the 5000m run with a time of 18:10.51
- Jess Dhaliwall finished second in the women's weight throw with a toss of 19.41m
- Kelsey Shapiro placed third in the women's high jump with a leap of 1.57m
- Brittany Fuller placed eighth in the 1 mile run with a time of 5:12.22
- Samantha Hjelmar placed first in the high jump with a height of 1.70m
- Crystal Henderson placed fourth in the women's long jump with a leap of 5.46m
Other notable men's performances included:
- Benjamin Cardamone paced his way to a sixth place finish in the 5000m run with a time of 14:53.25
- Brandon Burke leaped his way to a height of 2.06m in the high jump for a third place finish
- Devon Patterson collected a second place finish in the shot put with a toss of 16.98m
- Sam Wray finished fourth in the weight throw with a throw of 18.74m.
- Anthony Clark placed eighth in the 60m hurdles with a time of 8.61
- Christopher Nowak finished eighth in the 800m with a time of 1:58.17
- Patrick Hazlitt placed third in the 1 mile run with a time of 4:19.27
- Shevaughn Allen won the men's triple jump with a leap of 14.32m
The Bulls are back in action next week as the team heads to Kent State for the KSU National Qualifiers.