BUFFALO, NY – The University at Buffalo indoor track and field team will head to Ithaca, NY, this weekend as they are set to compete in the Upstate Challenge hosted by Cornell University on Saturday, January 19th. The Bulls competed in the event last year, with the women claiming second place and the men taking home third.
SCOUTING THE FIELD
- Teams competing in the Upstate Challenge on Saturday include Albany, Army, Binghamton, Canisius, Colgate, Cornell, Cortland, Ithaca College, Siena and Syracuse.
LAST TIME OUT
- Last weekend, the Bulls competed at the Wolverine Invite hosted by the University of Michigan at the U of M indoor track in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Leon Atkins had the most impressive individual victory on the day for the Bulls which came in the 600m event, as the junior shattered the school record in the event with a time of 1:18.86. The time bested the second placed finisher from Michigan by over two seconds.
- Another notable finish on the men's side was a victory in the 800m event claimed by freshman Cal Puskar. Puskar crossed the line with a time of 1:56.04, narrowly edging out the second placed finisher by .07 seconds. The time currently ranks second best in the conference.
- On the women's side, senior Crystal Henderson impressed for the Bulls in the triple jump event, leaping to a distance of 12.07m, ranking her second in the MAC currently. Henderson's score earned her a second place finish in the event.
- Next up for the Bulls, the team will head to Ypsilanti, MI, to compete in the EMU CAN-AM hosted by MAC rival Eastern Michigan on Saturday, January 26th.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
FRIDAY – JANUARY 18, 2019
4:30 PM WOMEN'S PENTATHLON (Event one: 60M Hurdles)
4:45 PM MEN'S HEPTATHLON (Event one: 60 Dash)
SATURDAY – JANUARY 19, 2019
11:00 AM HEPTATHLON POLE VAULT
11:00 AM MEN'S 35 lb. WEIGHT followed by
WOMEN'S 20 lb. WEIGHT followed by
MEN'S SHOT PUT followed by
WOMEN'S SHOT PUT
1:00 PM WOMEN'S LONG JUMP followed by
WOMEN'S TRIPLE JUMP – East Pit
1:00 PM MEN'S LONG JUMP followed by
MEN'S TRIPLE JUMP – West Pit
1:00 PM WOMEN'S POLE VAULT followed by
MEN'S POLE VAULT
2:00 PM MEN'S HIGH JUMP followed by
WOMEN'S HIGH JUMP
10:30 AM HEPTATHLON 60 METER HURDLES
1:00 PM 60 METER HURDLES – women (trials)
1:15 PM 60 METER HURDLES – men (trials)
1:30 PM 60 METER DASH – women (trials)
1:45 PM 60 METER DASH – men (trials)
2:00 PM MILE RUN – women (final)
2:20 PM MILE RUN – men (final)
2:35 PM 60 METER HURDLES – men (final)
2:40 PM 60 METER HURDLES – women (final)
2:45 PM 500 METER RUN – women (final)
2:55 PM 500 METER RUN – men (final)
3:05 PM 400 METER RUN – women (final)
3:15 PM 400 METER RUN – men (final)
3:30 PM 60 METER DASH – women (final)
3:35 PM 60 METER DASH – men (final)
3:40 PM 800 METER RUN – women (final)
3:50 PM 800 METER RUN – men (final)
4:00 PM 1000 METER RUN – women (final)
4:10 PM 1000 METER RUN – men (final)
4:20 PM 200 METER DASH – women (final)
4:40 PM 200 METER DASH – men (final)
4:55 PM 3000 METER RUN – women (final)
5:20 PM 3000 METER RUN – men (final)
5:45 PM DISTANCE MEDLEY RELAY – women (final)
6:00 PM DISTANCE MEDLEY RELAY – men (final)
6:15 PM 4 X 800 RELAY – women (final)
6:30 PM 4 X 800 RELAY – men (final)
6:40 PM 4 X 400 RELAY – women (final)
6:45 PM 4 X400 RELAY – men (final)
- If you wish to follow the event, click here for live results provided by Leone Timing.