AMHERST, NY – The University at Buffalo men's tennis team cruised to a 7-0 victory over Binghamton in its Mid-American Conference opener on Friday at the Miller Tennis Center. The Bulls won five of the six singles matches in straights sets.
At first singles, Ethan Nittolo made quick work of Kusheen Nath, 6-0, 6-1. Hao Sheng Koay also won rather easily in straight sets, 6-0, 6-2. Nickolas Frisk won 6-2, 6-0 in third singles. Rounding out singles wins were Matthew Johnson (6-2, 6-2), Simon Wibler (6-4, 6-3) and Vilhelm Fridell (6-2, 3-6, 10-3).
Earlier, the Bulls earned the doubles point. Nittolo and Koay beat Nath and Tiago Lourenco, 6-3, at first doubles. Fridell and Frisk downed Dylan Friedman and Inigo Saez, 6-3, to secure the doubles point.
With the win, the Bulls improved to 6-5 overall and 1-0 in MAC play. UB will next host Toledo on Sunday afternoon at 1 pm.
Buffalo 7, Binghamton 0
1. Nittolo/Koay (UB) def. Nath/Lourenco (BU), 6-3
2. Cestarollo/Pena (BU) led Johnson/Valdemar Holm (UB), 5-3, unfinished
3. Fridell/Frisk (UB) def. Friedman/Saez (BU), 6-3
Order of finish: 3,1
1. Ethan Nittolo (UB) def. Kushaan Nath (BU), 6-0, 6-1
2. Vilhelm Fridell (UB) def. Tiago Lourenco (BU), 6-2, 3-6, 10-3
3. Hao Sheng Koay (UB) def. Dylan Friedman (BU), 6-0, 6-2
4. Nickolas Frisk (UB) def. Inigo Saez (BU), 6-2, 6-0
5. Matthew Johnson (UB) def. Alejandro Pena (BU), 6-2, 6-2
6. Simon Wibler (UB) def. Sebastian Quiros (BU), 6-4, 6-3