CAMBRIDGE, MA – The University at Buffalo men's tennis team fell 4-0 to #27 Harvard on Saturday afternoon. UB picked up one victory in doubles play, but otherwise could not defeat the Crimson during singles action.
With Harvard playing again later in the day, the teams played until one squad clinched, which was Harvard with wins at one, three, and five.
UB continues its tour of the Ivy League on Friday at Columbia.
Harvard vs. Buffalo
1. Vidit Vaghela/Petr Vodak def. Kenny Tao/Logan Weber, 6-3
2. Andy Zhou/Grant Solomon def. Hao Sheng Koay/Ethan Nittolo, 6-3
3. Robert Wrzesinski/Jean Thirouin def. Villhelm Fridell/Nickolas Frisk, 6-1
Order of Finish: 2, 3, 1
1. Kenny Tao def. Ethan Nittolo, 6-4, 6-2
2. Andy Zhou vs. Hao Sheng Koay, 3-6, 6-1, DNF
3. Jean Thirouin def. Petr Vodak, 6-4, 6-1
4. Grant Solomon vs. Villhelm Fridell, 7-5, 2-2, DNF
5. Robert Wrzesinski def. Vidit Vaghela, 6-4, 6-2
6. Andrew Ball vs. Nickolas Frisk, 7-6 (5), 3-0, DNF
Order of Finish: 1, 3, 5*