ITHACA, NY- The University at Buffalo men's tennis team lost a 7-0 decision at Cornell on Thursday night, beginning a stretch of three straight games against Ivy League competition.
Cornell is currently ranked #41 in the nation and they took the doubles point easily with a pair of 6-1 win. In singles, the Big Red won five of the six matches in straight sets with senior Vidit Vaghela the lone Bull who was able to make it to a third set. He won his opening set 6-3 at fifth singles before droping the final two, 6-3, 6-3.
The Bulls will return to action Saturday afternoon at Harvard.
#41 CORNELL 7, BUFFALO 0
At Reis Tennis Center; Ithaca, N.Y.
1. David Volfson (C) def. Ethan Nittolo, 7-6, 6-1
2. Alafia Ayeni (C) def. Hao Sheng Koay, 6-2, 6-3
3. Lev Kazakov (C) def. Petr Vodak, 6-4, 6-4
4. Daniel Grunberger (C) def. Villhelm Fridell, 6-4, 6-2
5. Pietro Rimondini (C) def. Vidit Veghela, 3-6, 6-3, 6-3
6. Jake Hansen (C) def. Nickolas Frisk, 6-4, 6-3
1. Hansen/Kazakov (C) vs. Vaghela/Vodak, DNF
2. Joseph McAllister/Volfson (C) def. Koay/Nittolo, 6-1
3. Grunberger/Ayeni (C) def. Fridell/Frisk, 6-1