BUFFALO, NY - The University at Buffalo football program will hold walk-on tryouts at the beginning of the Fall 2017 semester, and they are open to any UB student currently enrolled full-time who meets the UB walk-on academic standards. UB reserves the right to deny any student a tryout if that student does not meet UB or NCAA eligibility standards.
Those interested need to contact Director of High School Relations Grant Murray to be placed on a list to go through the procedures to try out for the team. Please Email Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 2017 FALL WALK-ON TRYOUT by August 28th 2017. In your email, please be sure to include the following information:
- UB person number
- Position (list just one)
- Date of Birth
- Contact Number (cell preferred)
- Your high school (and the year) from which you graduated (e.g., Amherst High School, 2014)
- Term and year of first full-time semester at any university/college – 12 or more credits in one semester; (e.g., Fall 2015) and the name of that university/college
All candidates must be enrolled in at least 12 or more credit hours for the fall semester and are required to have:
- Paperwork from a physical exam by their doctor within the last 6 months; Physician needs to state on the physical exam paperwork that you are cleared for intercollegiate athletics
- Sickle Cell Blood Test result (NCAA requirement);
- A copy of your upcoming Fall 2017 class schedule; 1-6pm is the time frame we ask players to block off for practice and meetings.
- A copy of the front and back of your current valid health insurance card.
At that point, those cleared academically and medically to tryout will be notified about a meeting where the above information is required. After that, students will be informed of a tryout date and time.